One of my favourite creations is the Egyptian breakfast sandwich, it has become part of my morning routine after workouts. It’s called the Egyptian breakfast sandwich because of the tahini, eggs, and pastrami which is a common combination in Egypt. So I decided to combine all those flavours: tahini, egg, pastrami or any deli meat will work and a potato bun. And boy oh boy is this delicious! For the egg I use an egg ring to get that perfectly circular egg, similar to the Mcdonalds Breakfast sandwiches but a more gourmet version of it.
2 Slice Peameal Bacon or 2 Slice Pastrami
1 Hamburger Bun
2 TB Tahini Sauce
½ Cup of water
Yield: 1 Sandwich
- Heat the skillet on medium heat and spray your egg ring with cooking spray and place on the skillet.
- Add 2 eggs to the egg ring and sprinkle egg lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add ½ cup water to the skillet and cover. The steam created allows the top of the egg to firm up while the bottom cooks. Once the bottom of the egg is cooked and the top is starting to firm up remove from skillet. Slide a knife around the edges of the ring to separate it from the egg if it is sticking. Sprinkle lightly with salt. (Egg usually takes 3-5 minutes to cook depending on your liking)
- Toast the buns & add the peameal bacon or pastrami to the skillet and cook until it is heated through, flipping once.
- a) Add Egg to the bottom bun
- b) Add Peameal Bacon ontop the egg
- c) Spread 2TB tahini on the top bun and close sandwich